MikeOnaBeat Exclusive Interview With Redx Magazine
MikeOnaBeat is a young humble kid from Willingboro NJ. He is 22 years old Born on October 21 1998. He started Producing Jersey Club Music in 2014 and Became recognized in 2016. He’ve been played on 98.9 multiple times and He also Produced a Organized Dance in Miami Called The ” Miami Slide” the dance has over 1 millions views on all streaming platforms and is the top 3 dances in Florida. He managed to hit millions of views on single jersey club tracks and social media dance videos with a entertainment team called team609 and have been dancing for 9 years and hope to be more noticed in the future! He also have a community award in Willingboro New Jersey for the services we provided in our community making sure kids had something to do on the weekends, Just a humble kid trying to really make a change in a new genre called “jersey club” and He definitely do have an interesting story when he started deejaying house events to actually providing service to customers and now known to be dj Mikey May in jersey at 15 he started taking music and being an artist serious around 2015. Currently, He drop ep and albums on a regular basis right now i have a ep streaming on all platforms right now called mikeonabeat – sounds from the 6 Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, Instagram/Facebook, TikTok/Resso, Google Play/YouTube, Amazon, Soundtrack by Twitch, Pandora, Deezer, Tidal, Napster, iHeartRadio, ClaroMusica, Saavn, Anghami, KKBox, NetEase (beta), MediaNet.
Related: FTF Double-A is Becoming Known More and More as a Musician
1. Can you tell us a story about what brought you to this specific career path?
I’ve became a Dj by watching a friend I knew for 10years name djbp609 he eventually started giving me tips on how to become a successful Dj at the age of 13
2. Can you share the most interesting story that happened to you since you started this career?
The most interesting story is receiving a community award out Willingboro NJ due to making sure kids have a safe place to have fun and be themselves
3. Can you share a story about the funniest mistake you made when you were first starting? Can you tell us what lesson you learned from that?
The most funniest mistake i made was falling in front of a whole crowd performing in my town in Willingboro at a runway show
4. What are some of the most interesting or exciting projects you are working on now?
The most projects I am currently working on is a radio station on Instagram live called jersey quarantine radio” with “therealksmoove” Instagram
I drop eps and albums on a daily basis on my platforms as well I have a new album called sounds from the 6
5. Who are some of the most interesting people you have interacted with? What was that like? Do you have any stories?
The most interesting people that I interacted with was Dj TellyTellz the most funniest guy I know in the music industry he will have you bursting out with laughter he has a brilliant mindset as well we chop it up here and there and some of his stories he brings up would be old stories of us back in school like old fights with friends I remember Telly Tellz caused a big food fight in the cafeteria in 7th grade
6. Which tips would you recommend to your colleagues in your industry to help them to thrive and not “burn out”?
Tips I would recommend is being humble staying true to yourself and make sure you work for yourself and nobody else build your brand make a platform that nobody can take over and tell you what to do
7. You have been blessed with success in a career path that can be challenging. Do you have any words of advice for others who may want to embark on this career path, but seem daunted by the prospect of failure?
The most that I really think about is how can you be creative everyday ? You know that’s a big problem when you have to survive everyday as a person, I try to make sure my mind is meditated before I even start to make any sudden changes and that makes me become who I am today you eventually run into problems here and there but that’s life.
You run into challenges everyday you have to face them Man to man.
8. Can you share with our readers any self care routines, practices or treatments that you do to help your body, mind or heart to thrive? Kindly share a story or an example for each.
I start off by getting up each day taking a nice shower to clear my mind , I also listen to a lot of piano music through out the midnight to have a clear thought for sunrise eat a nice breakfast and strive to make a difference for my platform
9. What are your “5 things I wish someone told me when I first started” and why. Please share a story or example for each.
5 things I wish someone told me when I first started is
1 stay true to your fans , why ? Your fans is your number one supporters make sure you interact if they don’t know you they won’t support you.
- Don’t trust every single person who has talent . You have talent trust yourself you don’t need a wide group of people getting into your business when your making your “own brand”
- Make sure you are mentally prepared for being the talk of the town . I never understood why people you don’t know at all carry so much hate for somebody they don’t even know. I am a humbled dude and definitely heard crazy stories that I never knew of myself .
- Invest every penny that you can give into your business . If you can’t “invest”then you will never be a boss
- And last but not least I wish someone told me to save at a young age , if your a young person starting a business and actually proceeded to do well at it save up you’ll be surprised at what you have throughout your years of grinding with your platform
10. Can you please give us your favorite “Life Lesson Quote”? Can you share how that was relevant to you in your life?
My life lesson quote is make sure you have a purpose in life . A lot of people life but that don’t know what they living for it can be for so many reasons and trust me I think we all been there as people, but make sure you wake up with that same life purpose so you won’t be lost it’s hard to get on track when your lost in this world and keep repeating at the same time.
11. None of us are able to achieve success without some help along the way. Is there a particular person who you are grateful towards who helped get you to where you are? Can you share a story about that?
I am grateful for my team called team609 we have so many great entrepreneurs but I thank them because I get motivation from a few of my fellow members there and it’s all genuine love.
12. You are a person of enormous influence. If you could start a movement that would bring the most amount of good to the most amount of people, what would that be? You never know what your idea can trigger. 🙂
I would start a label for every entrepreneur that does media entertainment like comedians , dancers , singers , producers , artist ,film & editors to make sure everyone has a job and know who to go to
13. We are very blessed that some of the biggest names in Business, VC funding, Sports, and Entertainment read this column. Is there a person in the world, or in the US whom you would love to have a private breakfast or lunch with, and why? He or she might see this. 🙂
I would love to meet some west coast rappers like la.higgz , Julian Alexander & yg grew up listening to them one day I will live out California and will definitely have to link with these artist knew about them since I was 12
14 How can our readers follow you online?
My readers can follow me on Instagram @therealmikeymay or contact me on Facebook @ mikey may for any questions I answer